Fighting the Enemy
The devil is not all knowing, but he is very clever. He is a trickster, a deceiver, the father of all lies. He knows how to get under your skin and make you feel defeated. But, you are not defeated! He doesn’t care if you are a Christian, he just doesn’t want you to be effective. He knows if you fall for his attack you will not be bold in your faith and your witness. He just wants to plant a little seed of doubt.
So, how do we fight the attacks of the enemy? Submit to God and resist him! If you resist him, he will flee. The battle is not yours, you are called to stand firm and resist the devil; no matter what manifestation his attack takes.
1. Prayer. Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 6:18
2. Fellowship. Where two or three are gathered together because they are His, He is in the midst of them.
3. Read the Bible. You must know His Word. The Word of God is full of power, sharper than any two edged sword. Hebrews 4:12
4. Confession. If we confess our sins to Him He is faithful and just to forgive. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins to each other we will be healed. The devil likes secrets. Jesus brings light. Confession and repentance will silence the devil because then he will have nothing on you.
5. Love. Perfect love cast out fear. If you are walking in love, knowing who you are and Who He is and who you are in Him, you will have no need to fear. Do not return evil with evil, but return it with good. Let Him love through you.
Finally, do not forget to suit up.
Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace; above all taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints – Ephesians 6:11-18
Be Free & Stay Free